The Nowra Players will once again be holding the popular Youth Drama Awards. This will be the 39th year that this event has been held. In conjunction with the 39th Youth Drama Awards we are also proud to announce the 8th Annual Junior Youth Drama Awards.
The Junior Youth Drama Awards, for years 7 to 10 will be held on Sunday 13th September 2020 at 1pm
Senior Youth Drama Awards, for years 10 to 12 will be held on Sunday 13th September 2020 at 3pm
These awards are open to Shoalhaven residents of high school age (i.e. 18 years and under).
The following points are rules for entrants to the event;
- Select performance pieces that will display individuals’ talent to the best advantage.
- Entries for the Junior Youth Drama Awards are for students in years 7 to 10.
- Entries for Senior Youth Drama are for students in years 10 to 12.
- Year 10 students much choose only one awards night to compete in.
- Duration of solo or duologue performances should not exceed eight minutes*
- Small groups (no more than 6 actors) should not exceed twelve minutes for Seniors and eight minutes for Juniors*
- Acts should not contain material that may offend an open aged audience.
The Nowra Players are committed to the encouragement and nurturing of young people in the field of the Theatre and are constantly looking at ways of supporting these people through our drama classes, Youth Drama Awards and selected public performances presented by our group.
This year’s Youth Drama Award is being coordinated by Laura Oliver-Graham. For more details please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Messenger on Facebook.